Loft beds are great space savers, but they aren’t for every kid. Here are a few key things to keep in mind before buying a loft bed for your childRead More
When designing a child’s room, it can be hard to know where to begin. Even after you measure the room, it’s easy to doubt what will fit, or rather what will fit best. We’ve come up with a few important—often overlooked—elements to consider.Read More
Designing with children in mind means designing with safety in mind. We’ve rounded up some of the top concerns to keep in mind when designing for children.Read More
Every child should have a desk, if possible. A desk promotes school work, facilitates concentration and encourages the child to become self reliant.Read More
"For 25 years I’ve been designing and fabricating furniture in New York and I still believe I have the best job in the world. I’m very lucky that I love what I do."
Roberto Gil, owner
I've done hundreds of custom projects in New York and outside the city as well.
It’s incredibly gratifying for me to sketch something in a piece of paper and in a few days seeing it built.
It is equally satisfying to work very close with so many wonderful families and bring them practical solutions to their homes.
Roberto Gil, Casa Kids lead designer, gives a unique touch to every room he designs. With his modular furniture, the possibilities to design a highly creative custom room while maximizing storage space are limitless. The components of this system creates a built-in cabinet look, however they are independent from each other and they are finished on every side. They can be easily re-arranged and used individually or grouped. Modular furniture is flexible and perfect for urban settings like New York, where people frequently move. It also adjusts very well to kids growing up and moving into new spaces.
A great example of what our products can do for a space is Azzurra, Stella & Allegra’s room, where three sisters now have adequate storage space with our two modular storage units with benches, seen here in walnut and white.
Casa Kids modular furniture as room divisions can also be seen in the design of Miles and Madeline’s room, a space Miles and his baby sister will be happy to share as they grow up together. To give each child a defined area, we partitioned the room with white cabinets adding plenty of storage space.
In Max and Stella's Room we created a custom middle divider in a large room with high ceilings. Separate but cohesive spaces blend into individual work and play options. The backs of all the cabinets are finished allowing them to be used separately.
A bunk bed, simply speaking, is a piece of furniture consisting of two beds, one above the other, that form a single unit. At Casa Kids, we elevate the basic concept of a bunk bed to a custom made, high-design, long-lasting bunk bed that works as a room solution for your child or children, that will last for years and years.
A Bunk Bed Designed By A Master Designer and Created By Real Craftsmen
All of Casa Kids’ bunk beds are designed by Roberto Gil, who holds a Masters in Architecture from Harvard University. The Casa Kids team assess your space — see How We Design Your Bunk Bed, below — and create a custom solution for your needs. Roberto Gil’s designs are crafted in Brooklyn by a small, local team of woodworkers on the Brooklyn waterfront, facing the Statue of Liberty. (You can even schedule a visit to our showroom and get to see our stunning view.)
We combine traditional woodworking techniques with our consistently precise CNC router. We use the highest quality ¾” plywood that renders a well-built, sleek silhouette with rounded edges in all our furniture designs. The balanced construction of a plywood panel reduces shrinkage, swelling and warping. Plywood is strong, durable, and expands and contracts very little. For these reasons, plywood has been a favorite among celebrated contemporary designers, seen in designs by Charles Eames, Arne Jacobsen, Fritz Hansen, and more.
All of our products meet or exceed the U.S. mandatory and voluntary safety standards developed by the ASTM.
How We Design Your Bunk Bed
Your Casa Kids bunk bed is custom made to order. It is created just for your child — it is not sitting on the showroom floor, and it is not mass produced. When designing your child’s bunk bed, the Casa Kids team take many things into consideration, such as:
- Small or odd-shaped rooms — We figure out your room with you, and we can customize beds to fit narrower, custom mattresses.
- Ceiling height — Different products achieve different results, for example, LoLo and Cabin bunk beds are 64” H and can accommodate 8’ ceilings.
- Additional storage needs — We help our customers consider their space needs, and offer trundle storage drawers and steps with storage drawers.
- Future planning — How much do you want your bunk bed to grow with your child? For example, a Marino bunk over crib can be easily converted to a traditional or L shape bunk bed with the purchase of just a few additional pieces.
- Increased safety — In addition to exceeding safety requirements, we also include details like ergonomic and fun circle cut out shapes on our ladders and stairs for little hands to grip easily while walking up and down the stairs
- Parent/child bonding — The top bunk can support up to 400 lbs so a parent can comfortably be with their child while reading and counting sheep to finally sleep.
- Moving — All of our beds are freestanding so they can easily be disassembled and reassembled when you move. Our commitment to our customers also goes beyond the sale: we proudly help customers sell their furniture on the pre-owned section of our Casa Kids website. We are fully committed to keeping the planet green by re-using furniture that would otherwise be discarded.
Casa Kids Hanging Tray
The Casa Kids hanging tray is the modern design equivalent of a traditional bedroom nightstand. It floats in the air and along the side of any one of our beds, and functions as a piece of versatile furniture wherever needed, holding a book, an alarm clock, eyeglasses, a drink, an iPad, or a trusted teddy bear. Hanging trays are available in birch, walnut, oak, white and gray.
Casa Kids Trundle Beds
A Casa Kids bunk bed with trundle bed is a perfect accessory bed for occasional overnight guests. Casa Kids Trundle beds are compatible with nearly all of our bunk and standard beds, including the Marino, Cabin and Lolo bunk beds. All are available in birch, walnut, oak, white and gray.